22.9.20

A newsletter for today

Like so many weeks throughout this pandemic, these past few weeks of September have been filled with both solemn and hopeful moments.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Biden for President Newsletter
Below is Joe Biden’s newsletter for September 22, 2020. Please submit questions and feedback here.

Jason --

Like so many weeks throughout this pandemic, these past few weeks of September have been filled with both solemn and hopeful moments.

This weekend, we mourned the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It was my honor to preside over her confirmation hearings, and to strongly support her accession to the Supreme Court. Her opinions, and her dissents, will continue to shape the basis of our law for future generations.

Yet even as we grieve for Justice Ginsburg and her family, it's been inspiring to see people across this country recommit to protecting the constitutional rights of every American, and to continuing her legacy of fierce and unflinching defense of liberty and freedom for women and men.

There is a lot at stake with her replacement on the court, not least of which is your health care. I went to the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia on Sunday to lay out what is at stake and how we must avoid a constitutional crisis and let the American people have their say in this election. You can watch my full speech here.

I have also been able to resume some campaign travel -- when it's safe -- to get out and speak with folks on the campaign trail. I can't tell you how much I've missed that. That means I was able to honor and remember the nearly 3,000 lives cut short nineteen years ago on September 11 at the 9/11 Memorial in New York City and the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. But I was also able to stop at a fire department in Pennsylvania and thank them for their incredible service -- and to bring them the beer I'd promised them eight years prior when I visited as Vice President.

We continued to face the challenge of campaigning safely amid a public health crisis, but we also held an organizing Weekend of Action across the country. This weekend, neighbors talked to neighbors in battleground states that will be key to winning in November. And we had volunteers across the country talk to thousands of voters spreading important information about how to vote.

There's so much more I'll recap in a minute about what really has been a momentous time for the campaign.

For now, I'll leave you with this question: As you read about everything this campaign is doing, with just 42 days left, are you doing everything you can to win this battle for the soul of the nation?

I'm so glad you're in this with me, Jason. We can't win without you. So I hope you'll read everything that this campaign has been up to, and that you're ready to get to work in this final stretch.

Campaign Updates

It's a little unbelievable to finally be saying this, but it's not a joke: early voting in the presidential election has started. Ballots have already been cast in key states like Minnesota, Virginia, and more -- with even more states getting started very soon.

While this is an exciting and humbling new phase of the campaign, it also means we don't have any time to waste to reach as many voters as possible before they cast their ballots. That's why I won't wait to ask:

Can you make a donation to my campaign to make sure we persuade and turn out the voters we need to win this election? Any amount you're able to give will make a real difference.

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$15 ➞
$30 ➞
$45 ➞
$60 ➞
$75 ➞
Other ➞

Earlier this month, we celebrated the anniversary of one of my proudest accomplishments: the day the Violence Against Women Act become law. In the 26 years since we passed it, VAWA has saved countless lives and helped change the culture around sexual assault and domestic violence.

The latest VAWA reauthorization -- passed by the House last year -- would close loopholes allowing abusers to obtain guns and extend protections for Native women. But Mitch McConnell refuses to bring it to the floor for a vote. It's despicable. As president, I'll reauthorize the law, and then do even more to end gender-based violence:

Click to read Joe's plan for Violence Against Women

We celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month this month as a reminder of the strength we draw as a nation from our immigrant roots. No matter where your family came from, we're here because we all share the same ideals. That's the story of America -- and it is well worth celebrating.

I also announced my plan to invest in Puerto Rico's future and support Puerto Rican families economically, environmentally, educationally, and equitably. Donald Trump turned his back on Puerto Rico. I promise you that I never will. You can read my full plan here:

Click to read the Biden Plan for Puerto Rico

And last week I participated in my first CNN town hall of the general election. And let me tell you, it felt great to be back home in Scranton to speak with voters of all ideologies.

I answered tough questions about the worst pandemic in a century, and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. About the painful work of rooting out systemic racism, and living every day with the accelerating threats of climate change.

But here's one answer I wanted to make sure you saw, because I really mean it: I'll be a president for all Americans, not just the ones who vote for me.

CNN Town Hall: How will you build bridges to voters of the other party to lead us together towards common goals?

And the last update I have is an announcement I'm particularly proud of: we committed to historic investments in a voter-education program over these final weeks of the campaign. In these unprecedented times, I'm committed to making sure folks know how to vote -- safely -- early in-person, by mail, or on Election Day.

But we still need more resources if we're going to fund this program on top of all the other advertising and organizing we have to do to win.

That's why, if you can, I hope you'll make your next donation to my campaign, Jason. This voter education work is critical, but we can't fund it without your help:

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$15 ➞
$30 ➞
$45 ➞
$60 ➞
$75 ➞
Other ➞

What's Coming

Today is National Voter Registration Day! If you haven't yet today, you can visit iwillvote.com to make sure you're registered to vote and learn more about voting in your state. You can also click the image below to head over to this great resource:

I Will Vote

Our team is making calls every single day to reach voters in key battleground states. There are some really incredible organizers supporting Kamala and me who are here to get you trained and supported as you make calls and have the kind of conversations that will win us this election.

If you're ready to make calls -- or volunteer another way -- you can click the image below or head to https://joebiden.com/take-action

Click to make calls for Joe and Kamala

I'm also getting ready for my first debate with Donald Trump next week. I'm excited for the opportunity to not just counter his lies in real-time but also make sure everyone watching knows what I stand for and what I'll do for our country.

And Jason, I'd love your help as I continue to prepare. I've set up a pre-debate focus group to get feedback from grassroots supporters like you, and if you haven't entered it yet, I hope you'll click the button below to get started:

Enter the pre-debate focus group >>

Jason, that's all I've got for now.

I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more from my team in the coming days -- after all, next week isn't just an end-of-month fundraising deadline, it's also my very last end-of-quarter fundraising deadline before November 3rd.

If that sounds unbelievable, I don't blame you, but it's true.

We're entering the final stretch of this campaign, so I'm counting on every member of this team -- from my organizers on the ground to grassroots volunteers and donors like you -- to dig deep and do everything you can to make sure we wake up on November 4th with no regrets.

That's what I'm committed to doing. I don't take the responsibility you've entrusted in me lightly, but I also know that I can't win without a grassroots team by my side.

So I'll say it again: thank you for everything you've done to get us to this final stretch.

Now, it's go time.

- Joe

DONATE

Has the pandemic affected you personally, or do you just want to take a break from emails for a couple weeks? We understand. Click here to pause emails from the campaign for a two week period.

This email was sent to shepp1111.milanonline@blogger.com. If we got your name or any information wrong -- we're so sorry! To update and correct your information click here. If you would like to receive fewer emails, click here. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here.

Jason, thank you so much for supporting Joe Biden’s Presidential campaign.

Change occurs because the conscience of a country begins to rise up and demand — demand change.

This isn’t the time to be complacent. If you are ready to fight for the soul of this nation, you can start by donating to elect Joe Biden by clicking the button below.

DONATE TO ELECT JOE BIDEN »

We know we send a lot of emails, and we are sorry about that. The reason? We are relying on grassroots supporters like you (we’re serious!).

But Jason, we don’t want to bother you. If you’d like to only receive our most important emails, click here. If you'd only like to receive volunteer emails, click here. If you’d like to unsubscribe from our emails, you can click here.

To make a contribution by mail, click here for instructions.

We sincerely thank you for your help and support.
- The entire Joe Biden for President team
Paid for by Biden for President

No comments: